- Rain gear needs to be completely waterproof - to remain comfortable in windy and wet conditions - and strong enough to stand up to wear.
- Rubber boots should be comfortable. Knee high boots will ensure dry feet. Expect daily use stepping ashore from small boats at the oceans edge and walking in wet coastal rainforest. Rubber boots are essential.
- Full bedding is provided to all Bluewater Adventures guests.
- Due to stowage limitations, we cannot accommodate suitcases aboard the boat and ask that your clothing and equipment be brought aboard in soft sided, compressible bags, for example duffel bags or some other soft case that can be easily stowed.
- Plan to dress in layers to accommodate changes in weather. A good, light thermal layer can go along way to providing comfort. Dont forget your hat and gloves.
- If you are concerned about seasickness your doctor can recommend medications designed to prevent motion sickness. - We do not travel in rough waters, and anchor each night in a secluded bay.
- If you are travelling on a Southeast Alaska departure, a passport is needed! Trips aboard the Island Odyssey or the Snow Goose require participants bring identification for clearing customs and immigration. A birth certificate and passport are the best type of identification. USA regulations now require all travellers to the USA to have passports. Please check to see if you are required to complete an eTA for entry into Canada or an ESTA for entry into the United States.